April 28, 2020
Daniels Health aims to meet or exceed all applicable International Standards and to comply with all regulations relating to its operations in any given regulatory jurisdiction.
The management of medical waste including sharps, infectious, anatomical, pharmaceutical and cytotoxic, is highly regulated due to the potentially hazardous nature of the materials involved. Daniels Health and Compass Medical Waste Services continuously monitor all relevant laws and regulations locally and internationally and work hard to ensure their products and services are fully compliant.
Compass Medical Waste Services joined forces with Daniels Health to bring a first-world, custom-made, reusable sharps solution to Africa. The Daniels Sharpsmart container solution promises safety, reduced environmental impact, cost efficiency and streamlined processes for the healthcare industry.
Healthcare professionals understand the importance of reducing risk in their workplace and their procedures and they need to know that they can trust the products and services they use. With Daniels Health and Compass that trust is secure.
The following are examples of applicable Standards and Regulations for the Daniels Sharpsmart reusable container:
· South African Standard SANS 452 Non-reusable and reusable sharps containers
· United States ASTM F2132-01 Standard Specification for Puncture Resistance of Materials
Used in Containers for Discarded Medical Needles andOther Sharps
· United States ECRI Guidelines for Sharps Containers
· United States NIOSH Selecting, Evaluating, and Using Sharps Disposal Containers
· Canadian Standard Z316.6-07 Evaluation of Single-Use and ReusableMedical Sharps
Containers for Bio-hazardous and Cytotoxic Waste
· British Standard BS 7320 Specification for sharps containers
· French Standard NFX 30-500
· Australia / New Zealand Standard AS/NZS 4261 Reusable Containers for the
Collection of Sharp Items in Human and Animal Medical Applications
· Australia / New Zealand Standard AS/NZS 4478 Guide to the Reprocessing of Reusable
Containers for the Collection of Sharp Items used in Animal Clinical / MedicalApplications
· Australian Standard AS 4031 Non-reusable Containers for the Collection of Sharp Medical
Items used in Healthcare Areas