Daniels Sharpsmart reusable sharps containers eliminate the need to purchase and dispose of single-use sharps containers, delivering not only a cost saving but also showing a lot of love for the environment.
With 30% of the volume of every sharps container being plastic, this can be saved from going to landfill with a reusable system. Worldwide every year, hundreds of thousands of tons of unnecessary waste from disposable plastic sharps containers are going into landfill – we think we can do better.
Daniels Sharpsmart reusable sharps containers provide a safe, compliant and cost-effective alternative.
The benefits of the Daniels Sharpsmart reusable containers are extensive, not only for the environment but for their impact on healthcare safety and clinical efficiencies:
- Superior safety engineered design with tamper-proof security locks, overfill prevention mechanism, and protective safety tray eliminating risk of contamination or sharps injury.
- Larger volume containers reduce pick-up frequencies and associated sharps disposal costs.
- Daniels Sharpsmart containers are fitted with a water-tight seal that prevents leakage and is transport compliant.
- Accessories enable the Daniels Sharpsmart containers to be securely mounted on the wall or bench as close to point of care as possible or moved with ease using the Cartsmart 1 or Cartsmart 2 (trolleys / transporters).
- Each container is robotically washed through a 6-stage decontamination and sanitisation process.
What about the environmental impact?
When a reusable container is filled, only the waste inside it is destroyed, lessening the environmental impact of discarded plastic sent to landfill.
Daniels containers are hygienically washed through a vigorous robotic washing process which achieves the most significant bacterial load reduction in the industry.
For every 100 occupied hospital beds the Daniels Sharpsmart reusable container:
- reduces plastic waste by 3.5 tons per annum
- reduces total waste by 3.9 tons per annum
- shows a 51% reduction in container exchange per annum
- eliminates the landfilling of approximately 4 691 disposable containers per annum.
The significantly reduced impact on the environment is only part of the benefit of using Daniels Sharpsmart containers as a sharps waste disposal solution. Safety is also a strong drawcard and Daniels Health have invested millions of dollars in research and development, clinical trials and manufacturing refinement to ensure this.
Reference: Laura Wakelam, Chief Marketing Officer - Daniels Health